Sleep is oh-so-important and with a new baby in the house, it is never easy! Little Steps has gathered some friendly resources to help parents and babies along with their journey to dreamland. This guide lists out the top sleep training experts and sleep consultants in Hong Kong and also offers a slew of additional resources. Happy snoozing, everyone!
* The Family Zone - Yvonne Heavyside: Home visits for sleep training and consultations.
* The Sleeep Lab - sleep consultation and online resources
* Alison Jones - Sleep consultant with a variety of packages for newborn+
* Melinda Maternity - Melinda Hunt is a qualified postnatal carer/night nurse and gives private consultations which include information on newborn sleep and sleep routines.
* Wellness & Birth: Karin is an expert on sleep, in fact, she has even led our Little Steps to sleep tips event...let her sort you out!
* Urban Hatch - For guidance, support, and care. To help you thrive at parenthood from bump to birth and beyond.
* Baby Sleep Fairy: receive Skype/Phone consultations. Tammy conducts an in-depth assessment of how the adults interact with the baby during the night and then will come up with solutions for potential issues.
* Philip Watkins: Philip Watkins has over 10 years of clinical practice in the field of Naturopathy, Homeopathy, and Functional Medicine. Working with both children and adults, his passion lies in working with mental and emotional conditions, from depression to panic attacks and sleep issues.
Bloom and Blossom Baby Sleeptime Baby Wash: Fragranced with chamomile, lavender, and ylang-ylang to promote a calm and peaceful sleep. www.bathandunwind.com
Babymoov Cosydream - Smokey: Designed with healthcare professionals' recommendations to ensure optimal safety for baby when he's lying on his back, which also helps your baby breathe better, the nose and mouth aren't obstructed, It also creates a smaller and snugger space for baby to sleep home or away. babycentral.com.hk/babymoov-cosydream-smokey
The Lullu Doll: The must-have sleep companion of the year.
Tranquilo Soothing Mat: mimicking the sounds and motions of a mother’s womb using vibrations and white noise, the Tranquilo Mat aids babies to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Clever! Definitely worth a try.
1. Helping Your Baby To Sleep: Why Gentle Techniques Work Best by Beth Macgregor and Anni Gethin
2. 100 Ways To Calm The Crying by Pinky McKay
3. The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantley
4. The New Contented Little Baby Book by Gina Ford
5. Sleeping Like a Baby by Pinky McKay
6. The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp
1. Baby Connect - Popular baby tracking app
2. White Noise - Fabulous sleep app creating white noise. It's fab for traveling!
3. Baby Sleep Lullabies - Sweet dreams and songs.
4. Baby Shusher - They claim as "a sleeping miracle" tool.
5. Relax Melodies - White noise, rain, ocean and more!
A top list of sleep specialists, apps, and books
Parents looking for tools to help get baby on a sleep schedule.
For those looking for a burst of laughs during the sleep deprivation period...click here for a hilarious video by Samuel L Jackson.