Moms can’t truly relax unless they know their kids are nearby, having fun, and are well taken care of. Yet sometimes they crave a little time to themselves. So this Mother’s Day, enjoy the best of both worlds in the Little Steps’ Guide to the Best Mother’s Day activities. From traditional brunch and mani-pedi to adventurous outings, we have searched high and low for fantastic activities that allow moms to spend time with the family while having some quiet time alone. Read on!
Mother's Day can be enjoyed by yourself (pamper me, please!) or as a family. Why not mix the two and enjoy both? Check out these fabulous choices to enjoy a guilt-free spa and then join the whole clan before or after to indulge in a scrumptious brunch or tea nearby. Have your cake and eat it too... you deserve it!
* L Place: Visit Shore for brunch then head to Ten Feet Tall one elevator ride away to enjoy a foot + neck + shoulder massage. You can also book a private room for the whole family and play a movie for the kids while mom gets a foot massage.
* Gentleman's Tonic + Flawless: Go all in with a pampering day for the whole gang! Relish in mother-daughter treatments at Flawless and the boys will love a dapper father and son haircut finish at Gentlemen's Tonic.
* Mandarin Oriental: Mom can enjoy the super-luxe spa treatment at the spa, then head to lunch of high tea with the whole family after!
STEP IT UP:
* Peninsula + Heliservices: For the ultimate indulgence, opt for the Fly and Dine Program at Peninsula Hong Kong. Helicopters, spa, and excellent food - boom!
For the fun-loving fam, kick the active factor up a notch and get moving! Jump to the moon, do flips, hike a mountain, dance your face off, have a ball! Remember, there is always room for a reward after hard work whether that's a sweet treat a scrumptious meal or the latest theater flick.
* Movie Theatres In HK! Go see a movie together.
The sun's out, so dust off the shades, slather on the sunscreen, and enjoy a dose of fun under the sun! We've got you covered. Beaches, fishing villages, farming, camping, star-gazing galore! When the weather in Hong Kong is good, the weather is GOOD! Take advantage of a beautiful day with your favorite people in tow.
* Visit Kwun Tong's - Fly The Flyover for a gorgeous new park with views of the city! Plus, there are plenty of playground features for the kids.
* Dine at The Peak, walk the trail, then head to Mount Austin Playground for a fun run around in the sunshine.
* The Pulse: This beachside heaven will have your day sorted! Start with brunch at Limewood, then keep everyone busy at the many establishments within the complex. Enjoy a yoga session at Pure South or simply have a chilled afternoon at the beach.
* Sai Kung: Discover Sai Kung! Dine by the sea, munch on street food, and then mom can hit up Sense of Touch spa while the gang continues their adventure.
* Disneyland: Pack a picnic for the grassy lawn of Inspiration Lake, hop on the pedal boats, and send mum and the girls off to the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. Mom can take her time at the sauna, steam room or whirlpool spa, and girls can get a princess makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
* Go hiking as a family! Check out this family hiking guide with all of Hong Kong's greats.
* Mingle Farm: Join in Hong Kong's camping craze! Hire a caravan or the cool bubble camp AEcoSphere at Mingle Farm at Yuen Long. While mom is away at the outdoor jacuzzi, dad and the kids can try their hand at preparing a meal. Campfire, star gazing, hiking, DIY masks, never be a dull moment!
*More camping options here!
Hey there artsy pants! Get everyone together and spend an afternoon crafting, creating, and painting your own unique pieces. The best gifts are made from the heart, with tender, love and care. Hong Kong boasts a gorgeous innovative side. Gather the kiddos and hubby and get your creative juices flowing!
* MessyJam: Art jamming for mommy and the budding Piccasso!
* Loveramics: Pottery painting workshop.
* Bonart: Everything from terrarium to soy candle DIY.
* Teapot: Create your bespoke porcelain mugs and plates.
* Fungus Workshop: Leather DIY, from wallet to keychain.
* The Crafties: Creative classes galore