From sky-high views to harborside seats, Little Steps shares the top stops and alternative spots to watch fireworks in Hong Kong with the family. This list also includes the best restaurants to watch the fireworks both on Hong Kong Island and Tsim Sha Tsui. Plus, it includes all the best fireworks cruises in the harbor. It is best to arrive early to stake out your place tonight and get ready for some fun!
The new Ocean Terminal of Hong Kong boasts 270-degree views across Victoria Harbour, the new Ocean Terminal extension offers various restaurants and public viewing platforms with panoramic views of the harbor. The restaurants offer al fresco dining and a globe-spanning range of cuisines as well as vistas to die for, not to mention the rooftop observatory deck. HEXA on the ground floor has a huge lawn - a perfect place for firework views. This is still a bit of a secret - so book up early if you want to sit outside at one of the restaurants or go early for public viewing.
Ocean Terminal Deck, Harbour City, 3-27 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, www.harbourcity.com.hk/en/tourists-information/tourist-guide
Along with this amazing view comes an enormous crowd! Arrive early to stake out your space as the elbows will likely start flying early. Tickets required. Another option at Harbour City is to grab an al fresco table at BLT Steak for sweeping panoramic Hong Kong skyline views. Book early!
Harbour City Rooftop Car Park, Ocean Terminal, Level 5, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, www.harbourcity.com.hk
There is no doubt that watching the fireworks from the deck of a boat in the Fragrant Harbour is the way to go! Organize a private junk boat with Aqua Luna or Saffron Cruises to view the fireworks in the center of the action. No time to organize a junk? Check-in with tour agents offering special cruises or click here to view the Little Steps Guide to Junks in Hong Kong.
There are several extraordinary venues at IFC to take in the fireworks. Some of the best views are free! The public pier connecting IFC to the Central Ferry Pier is a top spot. However, it is always super crowded. Instead, stock up on wine for the adults and snacks for the kids at City Super. Then ride the escalator to the rooftop for one of the most memorable picnics of their little lives.
IFC MALL, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong, www.ifc.com.hk
For a top notch sky party with the highest views of Hong Kong, book your tickets and view the lights from the top of ICC!
Sky 100, 100/F, International Commerce Centre, 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon, Hong Kong, +852 2613 3888, www.sky100.com.hk.
Celebrate with a Festive feast in the best seats for the Fireworks! Enjoy dazzling views of the Harbour and delish dining options at InterContinental, Aqua Restaurant Group, and Dining Concepts. Call to grab your table now!
InterContinental Hong Kong, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, +852 2313 2323, Website.
Aqua, 29 & 30/F, One Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, +852 3427 2200, Facebook Page.
Hutong, 28/F, One Peking, One Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, +852 3428 8342, Facebook Page.
Al Molo Ristorante Italiano, G63, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, +852 2730 7900, Website.
BLT Burger, G62, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, +852 2730 3508, Website.
PizzaExpress, G53, G/F, Ocean Terminal, Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, +852 2376 1182, Website.
Here are a few more hot spots to see the fireworks!
* China Ferry Terminal - Small outdoor area where you can see the fireworks. Walk through Harbour City or Kowloon Park to Gateway Boulevard, TST, Kowloon. If taking the MTR, it is Exit A1.
* Hung Hom - A 15-minute walk from the Hung Hom MTR, this promenade offers awesome views! Go to Hung Hom Promenade, Kin Wan Street, Kowloon (MTR Exit D4).
* Kowloon Peak (Fei Ngo Shan) - Pack a picnic and hike to the top to catch views (go early as traffic gets crazy). Go to Kowloon Peak, Ma On Shan Country Park, Kowloon (Fei Ngo Shan Road).
* West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade - While it usually closes at 11pm, it will be open for the fireworks until 1pm. Go to West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade, Austin Road West, Kowloon.
* Tamar Park - Picnic on the large lawn with views of the harbor. Go to Harcourt Road, Admiralty, Hong Kong (exit A on MTR).
* The Peak - Bowen road has the best views and easiest to get to!
* Central Ferry Piers - Catch top views here or time it perfectly on the new Ferris wheel! Boom.