Mid-Levels may be mostly residential, but it’s also one of the most kid-tastic neighborhoods in Hong Kong! Hop on the escalator and explore this neighborhood packed with family-friendly places to play, eat, learn, and more! Here is your guide to Mid Levels Hong Kong.
Head over to any of these amazing coffee shops in midlevels for your daily caffeine fix. Each one of these original coffee houses boasts excellent coffee and a comfortable atmosphere. Ranging from aesthetic dog friendly cafes like poise coffee or a book lovers paradise - books and co - any of these cafes are sure to be a great afternoon pick me up!
* Another Fine Day: Quaint, casual afternoon tea
* Filters Lane: A coffee aficionado fave
* Freshness Coffee: Excellent coffee on Caine Rd.
* Oolaa: Tried and true favorite
* The Nest: Nesbitt Center's social enterprise on the grounds of St. John's Cathedral
* Books & Co: This peaceful venue is full of second hand books and a great selection of coffee and snacks
* Poise Coffee: An aesthetic and delicious dog friendly cafe in sai ying pun.
* Elephant Grounds: Locally roasted coffee, Asian comfort food, house baked pastries and ice cream sandwiches!
Get a breath of fresh air with any of these amazing outdoor activities in the area. Mid levels is nestled between lush greenery and fantastic outdoor spaces - perfect for a break from the hustle and bustle of the inner city. Head over to any of the walks for a great workout and breathtaking views or check out the gardens and zoos which are all great for kids!
* Bowen Road Walk: Stroller and scooter friendly
* Caine Road Garden: Big playground with swings
* Hong Kong Park: Playground + museum + more
* Hong Kong Zoo and Botanical Garden: It's free!
* Kwong Hon Terrace Garden: Small playground
* Morning Trail: Hike up to The Peak
* Peak Tram: Fun on a quiet weekday
*Kotewall Road Path: A great straight path that ends with a waterfall!
Mid levels has a range of family friendly restaurants with something for every liking! Chinese, italian, mexican and more - the area has a range of cuisines and styles to be tried. Whether your checking out Hooked for great fish and chips, Eric Kayser for authentic french baked goods or Pizzeria Italia for amazing pizza - each restaurant provides promises a great experience, food and service!
* Hooked: Delish fish + chips
* Chicken on the Run: Free-range, good for take-out
* Maison Eric Kayser: Amazing French bakery
* Pane Vino: Home-style Italian
* Pure Veggie House: Chinese Buddhist vegetarian
* Seasalt: Fish + chips and taco bar
*Pizzeria Italia: Authentic italian cuisine and a cozy atmosphere!
Looking for something to do with the family this weekend? Mid-Levels has got you covered with its range of indoor activities! Whether your in a playroom, getting a mani pedi, or checking out a museum - the area caters for everyone. Head over to one of these indoor activities for a great time!
*Milk And Honey Indoor Playroom - Caine Road Playroom
* Gao's: Foot massages for weary parents
* Iyara: Offers mommy-daughter mani-pedis
* Sparadise: Kids mani-pedis and "Sparties"!
Look no further for great classes and activities for the little ones. Midlevels offers a variety of things to do for kids ranging from soccer at tiny tots to a variety of different playgroups - the area covers it all. Sign up now!
* BabySteps: Premium therapeutic playgroups at Universal Trade Centre - new!
* City Kids: Playgroups
* My Gym: Classes and great parties!
* St. Johns Play Group: For babies and toddlers
* Tiny Tots: Soccer for kids 16 mos. and up
* YWCA: Extensive classes, baby product rental
Though Midlevels tends to be predominately a residential area - there is no shortage of shops around the district. Ranging from the multitude of supermarkets and food stores - including Hong Kong's first zero waste store - to furniture and decor, the area really does have it all! Check out these stores for some great purchases and a fun day of shopping in the area.
* Indigo Kids: Adorable furny + decor
* Japan Home : A Hong Kong favorite with all of the essentials
*Live Zero: Hong Kong's first zero waste store!
*Natures Blessing : a store specifcally for allergies or dietary restrictions
Families recognise the quality education offered all around Midlevels. The schools go from nurseries to high school and will accommodate your child until graduation. Whether your looking for a nursery like tutor time, a quality preschool like the Woodland Montessori, a middle school like Glenealy or a high school like Island school - the area has it all!
* Midlevels Escalator: Great map of on/offs, and Central Elevated Walkway
Want more? Click here to sign up for the Little Steps e-newsletter for parents!