Right in the middle of Central, there is a gorgeous park with waterfalls, turtles, a playground, grass, an aviary, and a dim sum restaurant too. Hong Kong Park has long been a favorite for families in Hong Kong looking for a convenient place to enjoy the outdoors with kids. It’s pretty, stroller-friendly, offers shade, and you can easily reach it via taxi or car.
Here are our top 10 favorite things to do with kids at Hong Kong Park!
- Fountain At The Entrance – You have 3 jobs here (try not to get wet or fall in, take cool photos, and have fun).
- Say Hello To Turtles And Koi Fish – The artificial pond at the entrance is stocked with friendly fish and turtles and is always a hit for kids of all ages.
- Waterfalls – Kids can run from the inside of the waterfall to the back of the artificial pond.
- Hong Kong Park Children’s Playground – Everyone loves the slide here!
- Butterfly Garden – Toward the back, you can enter the Butterfly Garden complete with 245 species of butterflies.
- Edward Youde Aviary – One of the largest in the world, explore over 3,000 square meters in this enclosed aviary while viewing birds galore!
- Vegetarian Dim Sum At Loch Cha Tea House – Next to the Flagstaff House Museum of Tea Ware, you’ll find LockCha Teahouse. It’s all vegetarian too!
- Forsgate Conservatory: Visit one of the largest greenhouses in South East Asia.
- Picnic + Exercise: Walk, stroll, and picnic with the kids while enjoying top views of Central, Hong Kong!
- The Peak Tram: The Peak Tram Lower Terminus is right next to Hong Kong Park!