With a land area of 5,000 sqm and a built-up area of 4,190 sqm, the new new E-Bridge campus in Punggol is seven times the size of an average childcare centre, making it the largest childcare centre in Singapore with floor space per child more than double that of an average child care centre. The centre will have the capacity to welcome about 500 children between two months to six years of age. Not only is it large, but it is based on a green building design concept with natural ventilation, roof garden, and five dedicated pods for water play, sand play and construction, performing art and a food atelier.
* Based on a tropical green building design concept, the centre’s design optimises natural ventilation and light throughout the property while providing ample shade. Other sustainable features include the strategic placement of green walls, an energy saving lighting system and equipment to harness solar power.
* A spacious roof garden will ensure children have access to a variety of experiences that not only support gross motor development and co-ordination, but also exploration of the natural world. Planned features on the rooftop garden include a running and cycling track and a movable garden maze. Convenient access to community spaces like lush public parks will further develop in young learners a sense of social and environmental responsibility and nurture a spirit of community from a very young age.
* Five semi-circular pods: The innovative architectural design features five dedicated pods for water play, sand play and construction, performing art and a food atelier. Each of the semi-circular pods can be isolated in any case of infection. A central passageway creates a “through air ventilation” for all levels of the campus. Each pod also has a High Volume Low Speed (HVLS) Fan that further ventilates the campus.
* Enhanced health screening: The campus will be the first in Singapore to adopt a Mass Temperature Infrared Measurement System which has a less than 0.1 Degree Celsius differential.
* Innovative sanitization programme: E-Bridge will pioneer a newly invented sanitization programme launched by local company Hygieneland. Developed through extensive research and development, the Hygieneland sanitization solution has been tested as a safe means to destroy the broadest spectrum of bacteria in the world, resulting in a vast reduction of spread of infectious diseases. Designed and produced locally, the sanitization method also increases productivity and reduces human error.
An example of green design for schooling at it's best!
The centre will have the capacity to welcome about 500 children between two months to six years of age. Wow!
78 Edgedale Plains, Singapore