If you’re on the hunt for vintage furniture and home decor, head to the Ciputat area of South Jakarta, where you’ll find dozens of furniture shops lined up along the street of Jl. Raya Ir. H. Juanda. We’ve worn out our soles on these streets to bring you our top tips for furniture shopping in Ciputat!
* This area is the best place to look for traditional-styled Madura-style beds, Javanese-style daybeds, and other wooden pieces. If you are fond of modern fittings, ask for a customized piece that meets your style..the craftmanship here will never disappoint!
* We highly recommend checking out Borneo Art. Located at Jl. Raya Ir. H. Juanda 8C, this gallery offers unique ethnic crafts, wooden statues, ceramic jars, and rattan furniture from Kalimantan.
* Drop by Jewels by Irwan at Jl. Raya Ir. H. Juanda No. 50 for a little sweet surprise. Explore the collection of artsy jewelry made from precious stones around Indonesia. American artist Irwan Holmes has been living in Indonesia for more than 30 years. His love for local heritage shows through his collection of exotic one-of-a-kind pieces.
* Ciputat is the perfect place to spot a couple of vintage Batavia pendant lamps and colorful Moroccan glass lamps. Certain shops showcase an array of vintage tableware and glass-based decorations, just peek in the windows for the latest offerings.
* For artwork, pay a visit to Galeri 59 to find a selection of paintings and handmade ornaments from local artists. The gallery itself has a nice layout and cozy ambience!