Take a nature adventure from the urban jungle! Day tripping to Saikung’s countryside education centre is a must-do for weekend warriors. Located in the New Territories, The Lion’s Education Centre is a day of learning fun for the whole family with stroller friendly nature walks, exhibitions, turtle ponds, and more. Relax and stroll for an hour or stay and play all afternoon.
The highlights at Lion’s Nature Education Centre:
* Insectarium – A bug’s life and then some! Kids love the microscope hands-on play.
* Shell House – Learn about regional shells galore.
* Geopark Visitor Centre – HK’s rocky history with interactive fun for all ages.
* Rock Academy – 28 huge local specimen rocks along a stroller-friendly walk.
* Chinese Herbal Garden – Learn about the history of Traditional Chinese Medicine through live plants and what they are used for in TCM.
* Arboretum – Let the kids explore in the trails of trees.
* Field Crops – Get farming and understand how all your favorite greens are grown.
* Tropical Fruit Orchard – A live fruit salad.
* Vegetable Stall – Snap up some organic veggies to take home with you.
* Wetland Paradise – A mini wetland.
* Ponds – Visit the dragonfly pond or lotus pond.
* Views: The views, the outdoors, the beautifully manicured lawns