Canadian International School (CIS) is hosting a fun and engaging morning of hands-on, teacher-led activities for parents and their children to discover more about their inquiry, play-based teaching approach. You will also have the chance to chat with the school’s Kindergarten principal and take a private tour of the campus.
- Tanjong Katong campus: Feb 15 – 17 at 9am
- Lakeside campus: Feb 23 -25 at 9am
- Active Art: Get creative and experiment with textures, blends and colors. This fun activity exploring different painting motions, textures, blends and colors, will help your child develop their imagination, language, fine motor and collaboration skills.
- STEAM (Science – Technology – Entrepreneurship – Arts – Maths): explore construction junction! Using various materials and tools, kids will explore size, shape, and textures to create a giant pyramid and more!
- Maths: explore shape, volume, sequencing, estimating and pattern with engaging, hands-on activities such as weaving and marble games.
- Literacy: discover the initial shapes and forms of the letters of the alphabet. Have fun learning some key pre-writing strokes through lively multisensory activities.
*Activities are suitable for children aged 2 to 5 years.
Click here to find out more and to register your interest!
ABOUT INQUIRY, PLAY-BASED LEARNING AT CIS:
- Learning through inquiry, purposeful play lies at the heart of a student’s kindergarten education at CIS.
- The hands-on approach is a balance between classrooms rich in child-initiated play and focused learning, guided by their teachers.
- Making each student’s learning an enjoyable and memorable experience is a key priority. The school builds-in key skills like foreign languages (all children must learn either Chinese or French), literacy, and numeracy into the daily routine, although your child won’t realize this…
WHAT: Kindergarten Open Houses at Canadian International School (CIS)
WHEN: February 15 – 17, 2021 (Tanjong Katong campus) & February 23 -25, 2021 (Lakeside campus)