TEETHING BABY GUIDE TO HONG KONG:
What to expect?
*The first tooth to appear is typically one of the bottom two in the center and then out toward the molars.
What are the symptoms?
* Drooling - There will be a lot of drool! Some babies cough a lot due to the excessive drool.
* Rash - Little ones can get quite chapped on their face from the drooling, so a bib is recommended and be sure to wipe regularly.
* Biting - Teething toys were made for this addiction by babes. Stock up on chewable toys and teething rings.
* Crying - It is not comfortable so there will be tears. Talk to your doc about using a bit of Panadol to ease the pain.
* Sore & Tender Gums - Use a cold cloth to press softly on their gums.
* Loss of Appetite - A common occurrence, zinc helps in building appetite such as wheat bran, cashew nuts, and pumpkin seeds improve zinc levels. Incorporate these into your baby's snacks/meals.
* Sleep Cycle Off - Teething will throw your baby off their regular sleep pattern.
* Cold icy drinks
* Rub your baby's gums with a clean finger, it soothes the pain.
* Chilled food and frozen fruit - peaches, frozen bananas, yogurt.
Teethers, Gel, Soothers, & More:
Teethers & Soothers
Buy teething toys and rings. They love the ones you freeze as this feels oh-so-good.
* Try the Gummee heart teether (various pastel colors) or the Nuby ice bite keys teether. Found at Mothercare.
* The Philips AVENT Soother 2 Pack is made of silicone, are taste-free & odor-free. Find them at BabiesRus.
* Meet Sophie The Giraffe, born in France and relieving sore teeth and gums since 1961, this retro teething toy has made a comeback.
Wooden & Natural Teethers
* The handcrafted teether at Happy Poppets are carefully made with your baby's safety in mind, they come in various animal shapes such as rabbits, cats, and bears.
* Tree Children's Lodge teething toys are made maple wood a and a stunning silk cloth that comes in rainbow color or stars.
* Little Caleb has created the sweetest Butterfly Teether Necklace in baby blue with white. A great item when your little one likes to chew on anything he/she can get their tiny hands on.
* Teething gel - found at, Just Green Stores, iHerb and Weleda (delivers to Hong Kong)
Baby's First Toothbrush:
* The FirstBrush & Teether Set is designed so that you and your baby can look after their first teeth together. Ideal set for babies and early teething toddlers (0-18months).
* Brush Baby Chewable ToothBrush & Teether helps clean soothe teething gums whilst your little munchkin is chewing on it. You can cool it in the fridge to soothe the pain even more.
Best to contact your pediatrician if your baby develops a fever or diarrhea, or if they're having continued discomfort.