Fairies and Fantasy, Falling Inside a Black Hole, Gothic and It’s Cultural Influences…oh my! Wider Learning discusses ideas, theories and phenomena that do not feature on the school curriculum, but contribute to a greater understanding of the world. Let summer be the time for those inquisitive minds (aged 10-18) to discover a new world of online courses and learn about subjects that truly excite them. Sign up for these courses from anywhere around the globe (just need internet access), connect with fellow students and be taught by graduates and undergraduates from top universities in the UK.
With such an amazing selection of topics, 10-15 year olds interested in space can do a 3-part course on Falling Inside a Black Hole, or little surgeons can explore Medicine Through The Ages. Here are a few more of our favorites, but we recommend checking out the full list of classes to see what your child might be interested in… that’s what matters most!
* Using and Understanding Formal Logic (Ages 15-18) – useful for critical thinking skills which can be applied to all essay subjects (English Lit, History, Politics, or any subject that requires an argument)
* Global Politics and Post-Conflict Studies (Ages 16-18) – gain an ability to communicate arguments and explanations including correct use of political vocabulary
* Imagined Worlds: Fairies and Fantasy (Ages 10-14) – look at some of the most treasured childhood books and study the fantasy genre
* Voices of the Marginalised: Women’s Writing & Post (Ages 15-18) – open up students’ minds to brilliant and neglected writers of the 20th and 21st centuries
* Post War American Literature (Ages 15-18) – from considering The Great Gatsby to a Streetcar Named Desire, discover if the American Dream was ever truly fulfilled
Courses run throughout the summer months of July/August 2016. Check the courses for dates and availability here. These are all online interactive courses so your kids’ can attend them from the comfort of their own home, their holiday house, or hotel. Be sure to email the tutor if the dates are not convenient, they can provide extra dates or private group lessons too.
Tute.HK's Wider Learning programmes are live, interactive online lessons on any one of a whole range of topics targeted at different age groups – lessons that will take your child beyond the curriculum. Look at some of their most treasured childhood books and fairy-tales in a new light.
Kids aged 10-18 with enquiring minds are invited to join the Wider Learning programs this summer. For students applying to the world’s top universities, a deeper understanding of their subject beyond the curriculum is now a key differentiator.... get involved, it's never been easier.
Create your own? If your child would like to learn about something in particular not shown on their Wider Learning topic list, please contact email@example.com and they will consider adding your suggested topic to their program.