You have signed them up for their after-school activities, and now it is time to get the right gear! If you are looking for rugby kits, football gear, dance shoes, gymnastic shorts, tennis rackets, or merely the right outfit for your child’s favorite sport, this guide is for you. Here is our guide to the best sports gear stores in Hong Kong!
Rugby has long been one of Hong Kong's most popular team sports for kids and teens. It does require specialized equipment and gear and depending on the club your child joins, some of the gear is provided. Below is a run-down on the checklist and where to buy your rugby kits in Hong Kong.
What Rugby Gear Is Required For Kids?
* Boots – Young kids can sometimes get away with football shoes, but there are specialized rugby shoes available. Be sure to get them fit correctly and have the right outer soles.
* Rugby Ball – This can be supplied and is used for training.
* Mouthguard – Key for protection! Typically for older kids when they get into the contact training.
* Scrum cap (or head guard) - Optional!
* Shorts, socks, uniforms - Typically supplied by the club.
Where To Buy Rugby Gear In Hong Kong?
* Escapade Sports - They have fitted kids with their rugby kits for over 14 years. Visit them in Causeway Bay, Repulse Bay, or Causeway Bay.
* Decathlon - An Affordable range of rugby gear. Online and large stores in Causeway Bay and Mongkok.
* Kitbag - A favorite online retailer with delivery to HK!
* Kukri - Rugby sportswear
* Sports Direct - International shop delivering to Hong Kong
From ballet shoes, jazz shoes, and tutus - Paul's is a staple shop for getting dancewear and is based in Admiralty. For a variety of dancewear styles (including folk and Latin outfits), check out Fonteyn's. If you are shopping for babies and toddlers, shop at Piu Ngai as they can cater to the smallest of feet and offer ballet shoes and dancewear for all types of training. Snow White Dancewear offers major ballet brands such as Sansha, Bloch, Capezio, Chacott, Grishko, Gaynor Minden and plenty of Latin dancewear too. On the Kowloon side, Margaret Dance Shop offers dance apparel and you can rent tutus here as well! Repetto is a high-end store offering a selection of elegant designs for kids and adults. They also carry pointe shoes and ballet shoes.
What Dance Gear And Dance Shoes Are Required For Kids?
* Specialized Shoes - Ballet, jazz, tap, and more.
* Dancewear - Ask your teacher for what is required - tutus, tights, legwarmers, etc.
Where To Buy Dancegear In Hong Kong?
* Paul's Ballet Supplies Centre, 1/F Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong, +852 2527 2860
* Fonteyn's Dance Supplies Ltd., 1D, 8 Thompson Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, +852 2528 9399
* Piu Ngai Dancing Fashion Supply Co., Room 2203, 22/F Island Beverley, 1 Great George Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, +852 2576 9722
* Tutulamb, locations in Central, Causeway Bay, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
* Margaret Dance Shop, 3/F, 45 Dundas Street, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
* Snow White Dancewear, Shop S15-17, 2/F., Cathay 88, 125 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
* Repetto, locations around Hong Kong
Football (or soccer for many) is a very popular sport for kids of all ages from tots to teens. For the wee ones, the focus is primarily on ball skills and a basic uniform is provided in or alongside the cost of the program. For older kids and those getting into the competitive level, specialist shoes (or cleats) are recommended depending on the grass being played on.
What Soccer / Football Gear Is Required For Kids?
* Cleats - Check with your coach on the type required for your child's team.
* Shin Guards - This will save your child a lot of bruising!
* Soccer ball - For training
* Uniforms, shorts, shirts, socks - They are typically provided but best to check.
Where To Buy Soccer / Football Gear In Hong Kong?
* Decathlon - Affordable cleats, shin guards, and soccer gear for all ages. You can purchase online or in-store in Mongkok or Causeway Bay.
* Escapade Sports - They have all the gear including shin guards for kids. Check with the store before venturing out to be sure they have the size in stock (Causeway Bay has the larger selection). Visit them in Causeway Bay, Repulse Bay, or Causeway Bay.
Hockey is a niche sport in Hong Kong with a lot of equipment requirements. There are some required pieces of equipment and gear for kids of all ages engaging in this sport. It's important that kids get fitted for the right hockey stick and have all the protection required for this contact-oriented sport.
What Hockey Gear Is Required For Kids?
* Hockey Stick - Be sure the size is right!
* Shoes, Socks
* Shin Pads - Required
* Stick Bag & Backpack - Optional!
Where To Buy Hockey Gear In Hong Kong?
* Hockey Monkey - Popular online hockey store for skates, sticks, and equipment.
* Escapade Sports - This is a go-to for hockey families. Visit them in Causeway Bay, Repulse Bay, or Causeway Bay
Splish, splash! Escapade offers popular swim brands for kids, teens, and adults. Brands include NeilPryde, Speedo, and more. They also have goggles, swim caps, and training gear for your little fish. The Arena is the authentic water wear brand for athletes and real sports lovers and has an online shop. The Arena’s for Kids Collection is popular with kids looking for competitive swimwear. Looking for goggles? Click here on where to buy goggles in HK for kids.
What Swimming Gear Is Required For Kids?
* The Right Swimsuit
* Bathing Caps (Swim Caps)
* Kick Boards, Fins, Hand Paddles - For training only
Where To Buy Swim Gear In Hong Kong?
* Escapade Sports - Swim gear, goggles, swim caps for kids and more for early swimmers to competitive swimmers.
* Arena - Competitive swimwear
* Tokyo Sports - Swimwear, caps, more
* Swimsuits For Kids - Guide!
* Goggles & Swim Gear - Guide!
There is certainly one piece of equipment that all tennis players require - the racket! Lucky for us, there are a lot of pro shops around Hong Kong specializing in supplying tennis rackets for the young and old. You will also find tennis bags, apparel, and more to kit your kid out! For an easy one-stop-shop street full of tennis stores, go to Electric Road in Tin Hau.
What Tennis Gear Is Required For Kids?
* Tennis Racket
* Tennis Apparel - Optional For Young Kids!
* Shoes, Socks, Balls - Optional for training
Where To Buy Tennis Gear In Hong Kong?
* Master Gear - Based on the 13th floor of Richmond Plaza behind Sogo in Causeway Bay.
* Variety Of Pro Shops - Electric Street in Tin Hau offers a slew of shops
* Escapade Sports - Visit them in Causeway Bay, Repulse Bay, or Causeway Bay
* A-Plus - Tennis rackets (big and small), bags, hats, grips and more. Locations are all over Hong Kong.
* Gigasports - Big stores with a lot of gear! Locations all over Hong Kong.
* Sports Direct - International shop delivering to Hong Kong
Basketball Gear For Kids
Field Hockey Gear + Sticks For Kids
Baseball Gloves + Gear For Kids
Toys "R" Us - Baseball gloves, bats, and more
Decathlon - Baseball bats + gear
Sports Direct - Delivery to HK!
Windsurfing, Sailing, Water Sports Gear
Gymnastics Gear And Wear For Kids
Decathlon - Leotards, hula hoops, more
Elite Gymnastics - Wrist guards and more - international delivery
BMX Biking Gear For Kids
Decathlon - Bikes and helmets!
1 Winner, 6 Prizes – We Are Celebrating The Re-Launch Of The Bump Club Hong Kong!