From flying an electronic hand glider to biking on the water, this day-tripping gem in Shatin will surprise you! Prepare your little wizards for a day at Hong Kong Science Park where kids of all ages can explore technology, scooter around an architectural wonderland, dance on a stage, bike along the water, and eat alfresco with the family.
* THINGS TO DO AT HONG KONG SCIENCE PARK: Take the tech tour by booking in advance (call +852 2629 6961 and mention Science Explorer) or arrange on arrival for a booking. This free exploration adventure is geared toward older kids and teens but kids of all ages will enjoy! It’s 100% hands-on including interactive games such as a simulated hand gliding adventure, bouncy ball races, a dance floor where the harder you boogie the more light you conduct, a screen where you can catch virtual butterflies, and a mood testing machine that gives you the scoop on your life’s priorities…if you dare.
* BIKING NEAR HONG KONG SCIENCE PARK: Go biking along the water and enjoy views of Ma On Shan and then some!
* SCOOTERING AT THE PARK: For the littlies, the highlight is unlimited scooter fun…indoors, outdoors, along with bridges, and wide open concrete areas. Let it ride!
* PICNIC AT HONG KONG SCIENCE PARK: Grab some food at one of the many outlets and grab a spot on one of the perfectly manicured lawns.
* RESTAURANTS AT HONG KONG SCIENCE PARK : Restaurants include Mariviglia (they have amazing kids areas for play), Food Lab, Upper Crust Pizza and more. Many have tables outside along the water!
* EVENTS AT HONG KONG SCIENCE PARK: The large outdoor amphitheater is a hit for any dancing queen. Just power-up the iTunes and let Angelina Ballerina hit the stage! They also have ongoing events, so do keep an eye on the calendar.
An architectural tech fun land where kids are invited!
Families with kids of all ages looking for a new day trip idea! The interactive games and tour are geared towards older kids, but all are welcome to play.
Make a weekend out of it and book a family staycation at Hyatt Regency Shatin or the Marriott Courtyard. Explore Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery, bike along the water, and visit The Heritage Museum.
Science Explorer is closed on Mondays (except Public Holidays) and located at 1/F, Enterprise Place, Hong Kong Science Park from 9:15am - 6pm. Parking at Hong Kong Science Park is available. There are also shuttle buses to Hong Kong Science Park - click here.