After 11 years in the works, The Central Police Station opened on May 25, 2018 – hoorah. Families are in for a mega treat with a surplus of trendy restaurants and bars, cafes, shops, and galleries too. This 15 historical building renovation is located in Central and is called Tai Kwun Centre For Heritage And Arts. Prepare for a place of inspiration, stimulation, and plenty of fun for all ages.
One of the most significant revitalization projects in Hong Kong – you will not want to miss this! Get immersed in the rich history of this historical compound via hands-on tours, storytelling spaces, and loads of educational programs.
Shops + Workshops:
* Bonart – For those looking for a fun terrarium making course – this is your shop! Kids love making the most out of moss and they make perfect gifts too.
* Tai Kwun Store – Shop for unique heritage, arts and Hong Kong cultural gifts.
* Hahahaflorist – Buy gorgeous buds plus floral workshops!
* Lockcha Tea House – Buy teas and have a tasting too.
* Loom Loop – Shop this hub of Canton silks!
* Loveramics – Shop for porcelain and paint your own (a kid-favorite).
* Yuen’s Tailor – Local tailor shop
* Touch Ceramics – Gorgeous finds for your home.
* Cafe Claudel – Think 1920’s Parisian cafe with a touch of British Colonial charm. This indoor/outdoor cutesy should be on your list for your next coffee.
* Phoenix Sweets – Bespoke cake brand – sweet treats for all.
* Old Bailey – Urban farming meets Chinese comfort cuisine. They have an outdoor terrace too.
* MaoMao Eat – Hong Kong local tea house where you can try pineapple buns and milk tea.
* Madame Fu – Lounges, bars, and private dining too.