Malvern College Hong Kong (MCHK) is an international IB school located adjacent to Hong Kong Science Park. The school’s mission is to develop pupils’ full potential through a holistic education enabling critical thinking and global understanding inspired by international values.
MCHK is a member of a growing network of Malvern schools across the globe. Although each Malvern school has its own unique identity, they all share the same ethos built around the “Five Centres of Excellence.”
- British-style Pastoral Care: Effective pastoral care improves pupils’ academic achievement: children and young people learn best when balanced and content. Malvern’s pastoral care is based on an active House system with dedicated tutor time, house events, and community dining inherited from its parent school in the UK.
- Enhanced Learning: MCHK makes sure that every pupil’s talents are identified and given every opportunity to develop. Where possible and appropriate, the school supports individualized learning through mentorship, including the establishment of a “super curriculum” to run alongside the core curriculum and other enrichment programs.
- Entrepreneurial Education: This curricular strand focuses on developing a “value creation mindset” for Malvernians across all year levels. Creativity and innovation, risk-taking, resilience, collaboration, and critical thinking form a 21st-century skill set, moving Entrepreneurial Education beyond a narrow business-focused definition. It also provides a platform for community engagement through internships, practicums, and volunteerism.
- Outdoor and Environmental Education: The school recognizes the importance of sustainability and environmental protection in society and the economy. Learning in and from nature plays a significant role in pupils’ education. Outdoor learning programs incorporated in Malvern’s curriculum include Forest-Beach School, Outward Bound, Junior Duke, Duke of Edinburgh, ECO Warriors, local field trips, and regional and international expeditions.
- Global Network: The school promotes cross-cultural exchange and collaboration within a growing network of Malvern schools in the UK, Switzerland, Egypt, China, and Hong Kong. Campus visits and exchange programs significantly broaden the positive experiences gained from shared teaching and learning across different cultures and locations.
MCHK aims to transform each pupil into confident, well-rounded individuals. They believe in focusing on strengths while explicitly developing specific skills that help pupils strengthen their relationships, build positive emotions, enhance personal resilience, promote mindfulness, and encourage a healthy lifestyle.