With the recent COVID-19 outbreak, families in Hong Kong are looking for face masks and hand sanitizers that are safe and reliable (and sometimes cute too!). Typically, families can locate the surgical face masks and other protective items at any pharmacy. Here are some helpful tips on which masks and protective gear are the best for combating the flu in Hong Kong and where to buy these items in Hong Kong.
STAYING PROTECTED AND MORE INFORMATION ON CORONAVIRUS IN HONG KONG:
Click here for helpful tips on how to stay protected.
Government Website for updates on Wuhan Coronavirus
WHICH FACE MASKS ARE THE BEST FOR COMBATING THE FLU:
* It has been recommended that the best face mask to wear is the disposable surgical mask. Why? It is composed of 3 layers that are designed to filter droplets, which is believed to be how the new coronavirus is being transmitted between humans. These masks, as oppose to N95, N99, and N100 masks which are used for medical purposes, are also easier to breathe in for kids and adults. These are also recommended over activated charcoal mask/a paper mask/cotton mask/and pitta masks due to the layering.
TRENDY ECO-FRIENDLY FACE MASKS:
1. La Mamalaterre *Hong Kong Local Brand Hong Kong watercolor artist creating gorgeous artistic face masks for kids and adults.
2. Alchemist Creations *Hong Kong Local Brand Washable face masks in solid colors and earthy prints.
3. Krak *Hong Kong Local Brand Reusable face masks for toddlers on up with encouraging messages of hope inside!
4. Milk Shirts *Hong Kong Local Brand Made in Hong Kong, these comfortable masks are made from top-notch shirt fabric.
5. Saupei HK *Hong Kong Local Brand Eco-friendly masks with unique cultural styles and prints
6. Airinum Swedish designed with advanced technology to keep you and your kids oh-so-safe
7. Rashr Reusable masks (washable) with disposable PM2.5 filters for kids and adults.
8. Wee Bean *Hong Kong Local Brand Hypoallergenic organic cotton masks for toddlers, kids, and adults
9. Zalora A variety of eco-friendly brands and styles for all ages
10. ASOS A wide variety of reusable face masks from cheetah print to multi-packs of 2 or 5.
SAFE FACE MASKS FOR KIDS IN HONG KONG:
Maskology – Started by 2 dads in 2020, this new Hong Kong-based company is focused on safe masks for kids!
Masklab – Hong Kong trendy face masks for kids and adults.
WHERE TO BUY FACE MASKS IN HONG KONG:
Decathlon Hong Kong – while the website is out of masks, there have been reported a few left in-store. Call in advance. They will be re-stocking weekly.
HKTV MALL – Wide variety with delivery in Hong Kong
Park N Shop Online – Restocking this week
Watson’s – Long lines in the morning, but they do have them!
About Thai – *NEW – Reported on their Facebook Page that they have masks now. Locations in Tseung Kwan O, Kowloon Bay, Hang Hau, Tuen Mun, and other locations in New Territories.
G Market – *NEW – Reported easy online ordering and delivery from Korea.
Sister 23 – *NEW – Local online shop with face masks
Breasy HK – *NEW – N99 Masks for kids and adults
3M Stores – Top-notch surgical masks (N95, N99, and N100) available at Yahoo Store and HKTV Mall Store.
Ubuy – Delivery in Hong Kong but with a delay (10 days) – check the different brands to see what might work.
Amazon – Wide variety of disposable surgical face masks and washable surgical face masks for adults and kids. Delivery can take a few days to a week – be sure to check the product delivery date. N95 kids masks are available here. Anti-flu masks are available here.
JHC Hong Kong – On their Facebook page, they claim they have surgical masks available now.
Mannings Hong Kong – They have kids and small baby face masks on offer but limited quantity with more stocks coming in.
Little Steps Asia knows what families need.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get the most out of Asia!
We need you! Give us 3 minutes, we will give YOU the chance to win a 2-night stay at Renaissance Bali – Nusa Dua Resort for a family of 4!