Sumatran Tigers, lions and orangutans….bring it on! Located 15-minutes from Ubud, the Bali Zoo features over 350 exotic birds, animals and reptiles, many of which are indigenous to Indonesia, including the Komodo Dragon, Sumatran Tiger, Sun Bear, and the Bali Starling. This family friendly outing offers even the youngest of tots an opportunity to see animals at close range.
* Ride high atop an elephant steered by experienced mahouts. Feed the gentle giants afterwards!
* Get a bird’s eye view of nature on an elevated tree top circuit
* Get up close and personal with a white Bengal Tiger, Jackie the Sumatran Orangutan who is a bit ornery and occasionally throws banana skins at passer-byers, and other furry friends
* See and hear the occassional high-pitched screams of gibbons or take a break and watch an exotic bird show!
* Stroll the beautifully landscaped paths shaded with leafy tropical trees and lush vegetation.
* Visit the petting zoo to feed and pet deer, horses, and rabbits. For those who dare, hold a crocodile, tiger cub, oversized python, or Asian Bearcat for amazing photo ops after lunch in the restaurant.
* Have high tea with lions!
See and pet exotic animals native to Indonesia!
Animal lovers, bird watchers and children who want to pet, see and feed animals. Zoos.....they're not just for kids!
As dusk falls, the zoo turns into a nighttime odyssey for guests. The Bali Zoo offers a wild dining experience, fire dance show, and tours to see and hear animals during their nocturnal routine.
Open daily from 9am - 6pm; Wednesday/Saturdays until 9:30pm; Closed on Nyepi. Admission fees: US$24 adult, US$12 child (2-12) and family packages for 2 adults and 2 children US$65. Night zoo is US$30 adult, US$15 child and family package US$82. Special elephant safari packages available.
Little Steps Asia knows what families need.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get the most out of Asia!