Stop press! Get the Little Steps inside scoop on what to do at Malaysia Legoland! We’ve broken down Legoland’s six sections to make your trip extra easy and extra fun! We’ve tested rides, sampled food and beverage options, and visited on-site stores to give you our take on what to see and do at this fun and fantastic theme park.
LEGO CITY: Give Boating School a miss and head straight for Driving School, featuring a scaled down traffic circuit where your boos can earn a driving license! Compete with other visitors to put out pretend fires at Rescue Academy a must-do activity for the whole family! Then make your way to Market Restaurant, a self-service eatery for Western and Asian munchies.
LAND OF ADVENTURE: Become an intrepid adventurer and recover stolen treasures at the laser tag shoot em’ up Lost Kingdom Adventure. For a soakin’ good time, Dino Island can’t be beat! Climb to the top of a volcano and spot Lego dinosaurs on the way before plunging a steep 18 meters down into running water! Yikes!
IMAGINATION: No exciting rides here, so it’s a choice spot to take a break. Clamber into Build & Test, where kids have free rein to play with hundreds of Lego pieces in cool, air-conditioned comfort. Otherwise, best the heat with a strawberry slushie from the kiosk in front of Lego Studios. There’s real strawberries in it and it’s oh so yum!
LEGO KINGDOM: Rush to queue for The Dragon, one of the park’s most exhilarating rides. Be prepared for twists and turns as you whizz through a dark castle, passing a host of animatronic characters. Pint-sized knights and princesses should get on board the Dragon’s Apprentice, a much tamer version of the zippy Dragon.
LEGO TECHNIC: For an adrenaline rush, scoot to Project X – a wild ride on a steep switchback track with loads of bends and a scary 18 meter dip. For milder thrills, zoom around on a jet ski and avoid being sprayed by water bombs at Aquazone Wave Racers. If you have some time to spare, don’t miss one of the many robotics workshops at Lego Mindstorms (for ages 8+ only).
MINILAND: It’s best to visit Miniland at the end of the day, as it is completely unshaded. Strike a pose in front of the scaled-down Taj Mahal, Great Wall or Angkor Wat. Be amazed by the Liliputian version of the Singapore and Kuala Lumpur skyline!
* The trip by car from Singapore is approximately 1.5 hours each way, including immigration stops. Traveling by car is the most hassle-free way to get there, or you can take a cross-border taxi from Ban San Street taxi stand in town (approx. $150 for a return journey). Alternatively, purchase all-in-one ticket-coach packages from WTS Travel or Superior.
* It gets terribly hot in the afternoons, so make sure to pack umbrellas, hats and sunscreen. * If you arrive just in time for lunch, fill hungry tums at KFC or Burger King at the neighboring mall – much cheaper!
* The park accepts Singapore dollars at competitive rates. However, change is returned in Malaysian ringgits.
* Rent single or double strollers at the mini-mart close to the entrance – invaluable when little ones are flat out at the close of the day.
* Lego City and Imagination are geared ages six and under, while Land of Adventure, Lego Technic and Lego Kingdom are super for older kiddos as well. Boos under three will be too short for some rides, however, there are three pretty good playgrounds scattered across the park for some (safe and sheltered) fun!
* Buy Lego bricks by weight at the Brick Shop or create your own Lego characters!
Exciting daytrip to Legoland Malaysia, just across the border from Singapore!
Pre- and junior primary schoolers fazed by the big rides at Universal Studios Singapore.
Circle October 21st on your calendar! The world's largest Legoland Waterpark is scheduled to open in Malaysia, boasting over 20 slides! A Legoland hotel is also due to open in 2014.
7 Jalan Legoland, Bandar Medini Iskandar Malaysia, 79250 Nusajaya, Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia
+60 7 597 8888
20% off tickets if you purchase a week in advance from Legoland's website.
Want more? Sign up for the Little Steps e-newsletter for parents!