Baby Sleep Tips:
TOP 10 SLEEP TIPS:
1. Every baby is different with their own personality. Don't compare your baby's sleep habits with others.
2. Focus first on your own day/nighttime routine. Your baby learns his/her own sleep habits from you.
3. Babies are very noisy sleepers. Sometimes when you hear them stirring, they are only dreaming. Be sure to not pick them up right away when you hear noise as they might still be asleep.
4. Swaddle your baby with her arms in for the best sleep bundle.
5. Watch out for signs of being tired including baby making a fist, overbending the back, not keeping eye contact, and tired eyes.
6. From 2-3 month on, put your baby down when they are sleepy but still awake.
7. Some babies prefer just to sleep in one bed and in the same room for both nap and night sleep.
8. A dream feed might help your baby sleep in a longer stretch - but for some babies (ages 6 months on) a dream feed can make them more active at night as it's simply too much food for their wee-bellies.
9. The bedtime routine should not last too long - around 15-20 minutes max.
10. If you want to change anything in your babies nighttime routine, do it for at least for 7 days. This is how long your baby needs to get used to it.