Camping in South Lantau is always a treat. Offering fabulous beaches, yummy food, and plenty of outdoor play and adventures for the kids. Long Coast makes it easy for camping families and groups, looking to literally pull up with their bag and have their camp set-up and ready for adventure.
Here is the scoop!
* STAY: Tents are located on their own beach-front private campground. You can also opt for their 3-meter-tall luxury Safari tents complete with deluxe camping mattresses and even air conditioning. Email to reserve bedding if required in advance as it costs HK$50 per set (duvet + pillow), otherwise HK$80 per set at the location.
* PLAY: This retreat offers an array of water activities, equipment rental, and professional support. The activity voucher gives you access to kayaks, bodyboards, skimboards, and the overnight camping facilities. Ask staff if you can keep the bodyboards and ore’s in your tent overnight, so that you can get up early and be straight out on the water. The front desk doesn’t open until late morning – so best be prepared.
* EAT + DRINK: Reserve your BBQ if required in advance! It costs HK$500. You can also stroll to one of the popular restaurants on the beach – Bathers, Long Island and The Stoep. Be sure and reserve a table for lunch or dinner at the beachside restaurants in advance, as they can be very popular with weekend or holiday bookings. You can also sweet talk the local restaurants and purchase ice from them on extra hot days for your cooler box!
* DOGS: You can take your dog, read their T&C’s! Note, dogs aren’t allowed to travel on the fast ferry to and from Mui Wo, only the ordinary ferry which is the longer journey. Be sure to check the schedule.
* SAFETY + MORE: Life jackets are available for kids and adults! There is a convenience store located just past Long Island restaurant
Check into their popular Play 'n Stay packages, allowing you to purchase activity packs that include rental of kayaks, bodyboards, skimboards and enjoy a night in a deluxe safari tent fitted with your own air con unit!
Campers and glampers seeking a beach stay and play.
Going with a group? It's ideal for four families booking together, to have a Safari Tent each in the camp ground closest to the beach. It is closed off and includes toilet & washroom facilities, plus a big communal area for entertaining.
You can travel to Lower Cheung Sha Village from Mui Wo Ferry or from Tung Chung by bus or by taxi (there are only 75 registered taxi's on South Lantau so they are hard to come by).
Little Steps Asia knows what families need.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get the most out of Asia!
We need you! Give us 5-7 minutes, we will give YOU the chance to win a 2-night stay at Renaissance Bali – Nusa Dua Resort for a family of 4!