Christmas is around the corner. If you need a little help to get in the mood for the festive season, Bookazine has curated a great selection of Christmas-themed books for all ages. Ho Ho Ho, happy reading everyone!
1. The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg – Late on Christmas Eve, after the town has gone to sleep, a boy boards a mysterious train that waits for him: the Polar Express bound for the North Pole. When he arrives there, Santa offers him any gift he desires. The boy modestly asks for one bell from the reindeer’s harness. It turns out to be a very special gift, for only believers in Santa can hear it ring.
2. Christmas Stories by Enid Blyton – Delight in the magic of Christmas with this heart-warming collection of 25 classic tales from the world’s best-loved storyteller. In this collection there’s mystery and mischief, the joy of shared times and plenty of scrumptious food, so curl up by the fire and get ready for a Christmas treat!
3. Maze Book: Follow Me Santa – Follow Santa through colorful, festive scenes on his Christmas Eve journey as he collects the presents, then his reindeer, and travels across the world delivering gifts. Children will love exploring the paths with their fingertips to trace each maze from hole to hole, and meet festive friends along the way!
4. Santa’s Christmas Journey with wind-up sleigh by Fiona Watt – Wind up the sleigh and follow Santa as he flies around the frosty night sky delivering presents on Christmas Eve. The colorful scenes with tracks embedded in the pages show Santa leaving the elves’ village, flying around a busy city, soaring over snowy mountains and landing on the rooftops to deliver presents to sleeping children.
5. One Christmas Wish by Katherine Rundell – It’s Christmas Eve and Theo – left at home with a babysitter – sees an odd-looking star out of his window and decides to make a wish. He wishes that he had some friends to keep him company. Moments later the Christmas decorations begin to disentangle themselves from the tree behind him, ready to wreak a little havoc…
6. The Twelve Days of Christmas with Roald Dahl – With whipple-scrumptious recipes for festive feasting, tricksy pranks to get you on the naughty list, amazing Crimbo activities and jolly jokes guaranteed to make Santa ho-ho-ho, the world’s favorite storyteller brings you everything you need for a very merry Christmas!
7. The Christmasaurus and The Winter Witch by Tom Fletcher – The eagerly-anticipated sequel to Tom Fletcher’s bestselling magical adventure, The Christmasaurus. One year has passed since William Trundle’s incredible adventure with the most extraordinary dinosaur: the Christmasaurus. Now, William is swept back to the magical North Pole, where he meets the mysterious, icy Winter Witch – whose power to control time allows Santa Claus to make the long journey all around the world every Christmas Eve.
8. Dream Snow by Eric Carle – It’s December 24th, and the old farmer settles down for a winter’s nap, wondering how Christmas can come when there is no snow! It is in his dream that he imagines a snowstorm coming and covering him and his animals—named One, Two, Three, Four and Five—in a snowy blanket. But when the farmer awakens, he finds that it has really snowed outside, and now he remembers something! Putting on his red suit, he goes outside, puts some gifts under the tree for his animals, and presses a button near a Christmas tree, creating a most surprising musical treat for children everywhere.
9. How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss – The timeless Christmas classic from the iconic Dr. Seuss! Read this favorite story of joy, love, and acceptance anytime, anywhere!
10. The Crayons’ Christmas by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers – ‘Tis the season for all of us to write our holiday wishlists. But everyone–even the crayons–know the best presents are the ones that you give. In this unique book, readers get to see how Duncan, the crayons, and their families celebrate the holidays. With real, folded letters from the Crayons that you can pull from their envelopes and read, games, punch-out ornaments, a poster, and a pop-up tree, this book is the perfect gift for fans of The Day the Crayons Quit and The Day the Crayons Came Home.
Bookazine has various stores around Hong Kong, click here for store locations!
Bookazine also has some Christmas suggestions for the grown-ups: Last Christmas by Greg Wise & Emma Thompson; Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella; and the all-time classic, A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
Various locations all over Hong Kong
Little Steps Asia knows what families need.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get the most out of Asia!