While the Star Ferry is certainly a go-to for classic family fun in Hong Kong, the Central Ferry Pier now offers loads of new attractions, adventures, places to grub, and more. Join Little Steps on a family outing around Central Ferry Pier!
1. Ferris Wheel – After a long wait, Hong Kong has opened its giant ferris wheel for scenic rides. This incredible 20-minute ride will take passengers up 60-meters, overlooking the city’s most beautiful view. Get ready to snap, ride, and repeat. Click here for details and pricing!
2. Aqua Luna – Their 45-minute evening fun ride is always a hit! Jump on this glam-junk from 5:30pm on for a ride around the harbour. Pick up is at Ferry Pier 9, and advanced reservations are recommended (the Symphony of Lights timing is fabulous). They also offer Harbour Tours and weekend cruises to Stanley!
3. Star Ferry – Ride the classic and cheapest thrill in Hong Kong. Kids always love the Star Ferry, and you can take it to TST and back for under 10 HKD per person. Click here for more information.
4. Organic Food Market at Star Ferry Pier 7 – On Sundays (11am-5pm) and Wednesdays (12 noon-6pm), families can shop for top organic fresh greens and veggies. The Sunday market is always bigger and a bit more crowded than Wednesday shopping, but offers lots of healthy goods. Click here for more details.
5. Island Hop – Explore Lantau, Peng Chau, Lamma, Discovery Bay…and more. Jump on a ferry and go. Click here for the ferry timetable.
6. Big Bus Tours – You have seen these open-top bus cruises around town, time to get involved. Click here for more details and pick-up at the Central Ferry Pier!
1. Hong Kong Maritime Museum – This interactive museum is a bit hit with the whole family. Kids can also explore the hands-on kids activities throughout the museum + workshops. Click here for more information.
1. Picnic – Grab some grub at City Super located in IFC Mall, then head by the water for a family picnic or head up to the roof deck (free and fabulous views – all public space).
2. Cafe 8 – This unique restaurant is a collaboration between the Hong Kong Maritime Museum and The Nesbitt Centre to create a progressive environment for members of our society with learning disabilities. Hot coffee and snacks for all + a great outdoor terrace. Click here for the scoop.
3. Pier 7 Cafe & Bar – Alfresco happy hour fun for mom and dad (6pm-9pm daily) + they offer lunch buffets for the whole family (12pm-2:30pm daily). Great views all around! Click here for more information.
1. Host a party at Cafe 8 – If you are looking for a party venue for kids complete with awesome views, check out the party packages at Cafe 8. You can also pair it up with a trip to the Maritime Museum for oldie kids. Cafe 8 offers indoor seating + a huge terrace overlooking the harbour. Call to reserve a bash.
2. Host a party at Pier 7 Cafe & Bar – Outdoor terrace available for rental and catering included. Pizza party on the harbour anyone? Click here to reserve a bash.
Want a full-day of ferry and harbour fun for the family? Get dropped off at Central Ferry Pier and explore activities, a museum, host a birthday party by the sea, and more.
Families looking for happenings harbour-side! Anyone visiting Hong Kong (a perfect itinerary for guests!).
Let the adventure continue in TST! Explore Harbour City shopping, visit The Peninsula for high tea, hit up Nathan Road, let the kids run wild in Kowloon Park, and more.
Central Ferry Piers
Want more? Click here to sign up for the Little Steps e-newsletter for parents!