What time is it? Maritime! Grab the kids for a day trip to Hong Kong’s tiny Po Toi Island and sample some of the best calamari in Hong Kong! Just three kilometers off Hong Kong Island’s southeastern tip, Po Toi feels like miles away from busy city life. The island is a popular junk spot but also may be reached by ferry from Stanley and Aberdeen.
The Po Toi Hot List:
* Bring the kids and doggies on an exciting sea journey to the island.
* Dine alfresco on a huge outdoor wooden deck at Hong Kong’s top calamari restaurant(order extra garlic for dipping).
* Take a leisurely stroll to Tin Hau Temple and get snap happy with your camera. The views are amazing!
* Hike along to the right shore and check out historical carvings and rock formations. Kids can try and locate Turtle Rock. Monk Rock, and Buddha’s Palm.
* Walk the Central Trail to visit Old Mo’s House where the Japanese stayed during WWII.
The perfect family-friendly getaway combing good food, sun, beach, and sea.
Families seeking a memorable day trip that does not take much planning.
On busy weekend days, be sure to reserve a table for your group in advance at Ming Kee Restaurant as it gets packed. You can BYOB or select from the wine list, which is surprisingly pretty good. Cloudy Bay anyone?
Tuesday/ Thursday Ferries:
* Aberdeen Praya (close to Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market) to Po Toi Island: 10am depart Aberdeen / 2pm depart Po Toi
* Aberdeen Praya (close to Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market) to Po Toi Island: 10am, 3pm depart Aberdeen / 2pm or 4pm depart Po Toi.
* Stanley Pier (opposite Maritime Museum) to Po Toi Island: 1:20pm depart Stanley / 12:40pm, 2pm, 4pm depart Po Toi.
Sunday and Public Holiday Ferries:
* Aberdeen Praya (close to Aberdeen Wholesale Fish Market) to Po Toi Island: 8:15am depart Aberdeen / 6pm depart Po Toi.
* Stanley Pier (opposite Maritime Museum) to Po Toi Island: 10am, 11:30am, 3:30pm, 5:00pm depart Stanley / 9:15am, 10:45am, 3pm, 4:30pm, 6pm depart Po Toi.
Restaurant on Po Toi Island - Reservations Recommended:
Ming Kee Restaurant
Po Toi Island, Hong Kong
+852 2849 7038
1 Winner, 6 Prizes – We Are Celebrating The Re-Launch Of The Bump Club Hong Kong!