The secret is out! Hong Kong Museum Of Coastal Defence is one of Hong Kong’s must fun museums for both kids and adults. Housed in the former Lei Yue Mun Fort built in the 1880s, the Museum of Coastal Defence offers plenty for the whole family. With activities galore ranging from hiking to history lessons, it’s a fun-filled afternoon!
Hong Kong Museum Of Coastal Defence Opening Hours:
Please note: A Leisure and Cultural Services Department spokesman announced that the Hong Kong Museum of Coastal Defence (MCD) is now closed for repair work and revamping. Stay tuned for updates here!
* Walk the Historical Trail! Hit the trails to explore military sites, including an underground magazine for ammunition storage, former quarters for soldiers, a gunpowder factory, military vehicles and more. Most of the trail is stroller-friendly – a bonus for those looking to visit a museum in Hong Kong with a baby in tow.
* Museum gallery with historical photos, information on Hong Kong’s history, and nifty artifacts. Check back regularly for special exhibitions!
* Children’s Area: Grab a children’s book in the mini library or participate in activities. Check the website for times and more information.
* Pack a picnic! There are benches in open and shaded areas throughout the park that are perfect for taking a break and enjoying the spectacular views of Victoria Harbour.
* Torpedo Station: This is a must-see! Walk down the hill to the waterfront Torpedo Station and former torpedo launching area. There is a neat replica torpedo on display!
Explore Hong Kong's history and relics both indoors and outdoors at this amazing museum for families in Hong Kong.
History buffs, hikers, and explorers of all ages.
Free admission on Wednesdays! Score.
This is also a fabulous museum to visit when the weather is nice (and you want to be outside not inside) as you get to explore the outdoors!
The museum is accessible from the Shau Kei Wan MTR station. There is also a carpark at the museum.
Little Steps Asia knows what families need.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get the most out of Asia!
We need you! Give us 5-7 minutes, we will give YOU the chance to win a 2-night stay at Renaissance Bali – Nusa Dua Resort for a family of 4!