Have you run out of fun activities to do with the kids during the lockdown? Check out this wonderful DIY project you can create with your kiddos! A time capsule is an amazing way to cherish your children’s memories whether it be treasuring photographs, notes, or any special message.
Making a time capsule is super simple and you only need a few materials! It’s your choice on how you design your time capsule and which items you choose to cherish. However, you aren’t obligated to only use a cardboard box! Feel free to use other containers such as a mason jar, bottles, or papier-mache tubes to store your items.
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 Empty cardboard box with a lid
– 1 PVA glue or white school glue
– Colored paper
– Marker pens
– Any additional materials of your choice (tissue paper, paint, stickers)
Now that you’ve gathered your materials, it’s time to get started!
1. Glue the colored paper around your desired choice of container, or you could choose to use paint instead.
2. Set a date or year when you decide to open your time capsule in the future. Mark this on the container by either using a marker pen or numbered and lettered stickers.
3. Time to decorate your time capsule as you see fit.
4, Place your memory inside your time capsule and ta-da!
5. Remember to seal the box and place it somewhere safe!
This creative activity is not only fun to make but allows you to make a unique craft that treasures memories!
Families with children all ages, also a fun activity for a teen who's about to go to University.
Time capsules have been around since the late 1800’s, so this is a great way to delve into the history of time capsules and have a mini history lesson.
You can find the items you need at Hong Kong's Top Creative Arts And Crafts Shops!