TEDx videos are all over YouTube and are fantastic to watch. The Australian International School is hosting an independent TedX at their school with great speakers who will share their stories based on the theme ‘Pressing Pause’. This theme stresses the importance of stepping back to reflect on broader societal issues, something that’s easy to forget to do in the bustle of Hong Kong. Within the theme, there will be three central ideas: Revealing Our Ignorance, Hidden truths and Taking action.
Here are the speakers:
– Influencer and Content Creator Jlou
– Trail Running Champion and Domestic Helper Fredelyn Alberto
– David Begbie, Co-Founder of Non-Profit Organisation, Crossroads Foundation, aiding the global community in areas such as welfare, development, and relief
– Influencer, Content Creator, Eating Disorder Activist, and Actress Rebecca Leung
– A descendant of the first King of Gaya Confederacy and HKU history and politics student Joonsung Kim
The event is free seating and hosts light refreshments as well as a photobooth and opportunity to snap a pic with the inspirational speakers. Student tickets are priced at HK$100 and adult tickets are priced at HK$150.
This fantastic event will give young people the opportunity to hear from a diverse range of voices. The theme is “take a pause”!
When: October 25 from 6pm to 8:30pm.
Youthx@AISHK, Australian International School Hong Kong, 3A Norfolk Road, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong, www.eventbrite.hk/e/tedxyouthaishk
Little Steps Asia knows what families need.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get the most out of Asia!