This summer, cool off from the hot humidity with BBQ straight off the grill and refreshing water park fun. Catered towards families looking for a fun day out, the Whitehead Barbecue in Ma On Shan and BBQ By the Beach in Tuen Mun have both set up BBQ stations and inflatable fun both on land and in the cool water! Here’s the quick rundown on these two great venues.
Situated just North of Kwai with a stunning view of Tolo Harbour and Pat Sing Leng, Whitehead BBQ is a picturesque location for a refreshing day of family summer fun. With a great BBQ menu and a Bouncing Castle Carnival, this is the place to spend the day, and we’ve run down the packages of what’s included!
BBQ Food Menu
* There is an a la carte option where you can opt to pay for what you choose to order.
* The special set for 5 is HK$750 on weekdays and HK$890 on weekends and public holidays, the same set for 10 is HK$1,228 on weekdays and HK$1,328 on weekends and public holidays.
* The seafood set for 5 is HK$950 on weekdays and HK$1,090 on weekends and public holidays, the same set for 10 is HK$1,588 on weekdays and HK$1,788 on weekends and public holidays.
* Stove rental fees only apply on weekends and public holidays for HK$200. The rental kit includes two bags of charcoal, one jar of honey, and 10 pieces of BBQ tools.
They’ve got a strict policy against bringing food in from outside, with a HK$500 penalty for doing so. If you’d like to opt for extra privacy and comfort, consider the Seaside Private Villas here.
Bouncing Castle Carnival
Until August 1st, children who are 90 to 160cm tall can access mini car racing, game booths, and a bouncing castle while the parents work the BBQ grill! For a 11am to 9:30pm, a full day of bouncing castle madness, admission costs HK$300. For a single one hour session, admission costs HK$180.
Located in the lush green woods of Siu Lam in Tuen Mun, this venue hosts a score of summer fun by the clear seas. In addition to hosting a regular BBQ get together with the prices listed below, you can rent out an air-conditioned private villa stocked with board games and television. The villa has to be rented out for a minimum of 5 hours with each hour costing HK$200. Check it out here.
* Mon to Fri from 2pm to 1am admission fees: HK$120 for adults, HK$80f or senior citizen card holders and children 100-125cm tall, and HK$30 to start up the stove.
* Weekends and public holidays from 11am to 1am admission fees: HK$150 for adults, HK$100 for senior citizen card holders and children 100-125cm tall, and HK$40 to start up the stove.
On top of equipped shower and television, the facility offers these service for a fee: Mahjong or HK$100 per day, a bicycle or a basketball for HK$20 per hour, a volleyball or a football for HK$45, a kite for HK$20, and a badminton set for HK$80. You can even purchase a HK$600 suckling pig 3 days in advance to feast on. The main draw of BBQ By The Beach, though is the on-site water park that the kids can have a splash in!
What: Endless summer fun with family and friends with great food evyerone and outdoor play for the kids!
When: From now until August 1st!
Little Steps Asia knows what families need.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get the most out of Asia!