For GEMS World Academy (Singapore), educational values are inseparable from the best in humanity-compassion, kindness, honesty and social consciousness, which is exactly what their educators bring to the table. Besides, the school often employs out-of-the-box approaches in ensuring that their students are global citizens pursuing excellence, growing by learning and leading through innovation. Where does it all start? Their Early-Years Program creates the solid foundation for future learners and here is what we love about it:
* Curriculum: The International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) is a leading curriculum framework for international primary education. Designed for schools with students aged 3 to 11, the PYP focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside.
* Independent Learning: Nurturing independent learning skills, and encouraging every student to take responsibility for their learning, the PYP at GEMS (Singapore) develops students’academic, social and emotional well being, while simultaneously focusing on international-mindedness and the development of strong personal values.
* Shared Learning Spaces: The learning environment is crucial. At GEMS (Singapore), the Early Years team are constantly thinking of ways to modify the environment to facilitate new experiences. This provokes higher levels of engagement for little ones and lets them reflect on shared ownership of the learning spaces.
* Learning Through Play: GEMS (Singapore) recognizes the value of learning through play. It is children’s natural way of exploring the world around them and their educators continuously encourage this exploration.
* The Design: The school is a modern designed facility offering specialized spaces for art and music, indoor and outdoor open spaces for discovery, and environments aided by technology.
Click here to download their Early Years Brochure now.
Their Early-Years Program empowers little learners for a lifetime of learning through inquiry, independently and in collaboration with others and preparing a community of learners that engage with global challenges through inquiry, action, and reflection.
Little dreamers from all backgrounds and with all kinds of ambitions. Future citizens of the world, innovative thinkers and knowledge-lovers ages 3-11.
GEMS World Academy (Singapore) accepts applications from Singapore permanent residents, dependent pass holders and Singapore citizens, for their Early Years Programme. Contact their admissions team for details or to book a school tour.