Your weekend dream has come true! Pack up the kids for a getaway to nearby Pasir Ris Park nestled along Singapore’s northeastern coastline. A respite from the City, Pasir Ris Park offers a wide range of activities for families to choose from for half-day trips to weekend adventures.
* Bugger off: Pasir Ris Park’s 6 hectare mangrove beckons visitors to enjoy Singapore’s amazing coastal biodiversity. Take a guided tour through the Mangrove and Kitchen Garden to discover unique flora, fauna, and critters and even learn a primer to TCM remedies! Or guide yourselves with kiddos in tow armed with worksheets to help little hands identify the mangrove’s incredible inhabitants. For guided tours, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and booking.
* On a Wing and a Prayer: Don’t forget to reset your camera’s F-stop and climb up three stories to the bird-watching tower to develop intimate relationships with winged wonders.
* Slip Sliding Away: Let the kids burn off steam for hours at one of Singapore’s largest (and most fun!) outdoor playgrounds filled with slides, sandpits, mazes, and huge climbing nets.
* Barbie Girl: DIY supper by reserving one of Pasir Ris Park’s 65 barbeque pits and fire up local seafood, satay or whatever else is left in your sack. Bookings can be made at any AXS kiosk or online.
* Hoof It: Open to the public, Gallop Stables offers riding lessons and pony rides. Admission is free. Fees vary depending on activity. Open 8am to noon and from 2pm to 7pm daily, excluding Mondays. 61 Pasir Ris Green, Singapore 518225, +65 6583 9665.
* RetrEAT: Take a break and dine at breezy seaside restaurants offering Seafood, Western, Swiss cuisine and light snacks along the coast. Check out Beach Culture @ Watercross for European waterfront dining and beachside music or participate in Adventure Paddlers’ watersports such as jet skiing, kayaking, wakeboarding and canoeing. Beach Culture @ Watercross, 131 Pasir Ris Road, Pasir Ris Beach Park-Carpark E, Singapore 519148, +65 6584 0080.
* Staycation: 38 multi-bedroom chalets await you at Aloha Resorts Loyang or book a room at Costa Sands Resort located within Pasir Ris Park. Costa Sands Resort, 159M Jalan Loyang Besar, Pasir Ris Park, Singapore 509404, +65 6582 2537. Aloha Resorts Loyang, 159M Jalan Loyang Besar, Pasir Ris, Singapore 507020, +65 6581 9033, email@example.com.
* Starry Eyed Surprise: Pitch a seaside tent and enjoy camping under the stars! Bookings can be made at any AXS kiosk or online here.
* This Little Piggy Went to the Market: Shop till you drop or hawk your own wares and creations at Mundi Market’s seasonal weekend market.
Water sports, playgrounds, beachfront dining, and nature adventures all in one place!
Junior thrillists, pint-sized entomologists, flashpackers and little green thumbs.
A bridge connects Pasir Ris Park to Pasir Ris Town Park, where a saltwater pond awaits fisherman in search of garoupa, prawns and other seafood. Pond is open 9am-9pm, fees apply. Fishing gear available on-site. Visitors must apply for a fishing permit one week in advance by visiting the National Parks Board (150 Beach Road #18-01 Gateway West, +65 6391 4488) from 8:30am to 5:30pm or apply online for a permit here.
Head East - Pasir Ris Park can be found along Pasir Ris Road, Elias Road, Pasir Ris Green, Pasir Ris Close, and Jalan Loyang Besar in Singapore.