Street art and public installations are popping up all over the city, and parents are getting involved. These snap-worthy backdrops are creating quite the Instagram snaps. Little Steps has rounded up a list of street art outings you can enjoy with the kids. Or, if you stumble on some street art, you can learn more about these artists as well. Happy exploring.
Have you been snapping photos at cool street art throughout Hong Kong? Tag us on Instagram with your finds at #mylittlesteps. We would love to feature them on our feed.
1. Rainbow Thief – Madrid-based street artist Okuda San Miguel completely transformed an ordinary residential building and turned into a multi-color dog shaped by geometric patterns.
Where: 180 Tai Nan St, Sham Shui Po, Hong Kong
2. Uma Nota – Locally-based street artist team Elsa Jeandedieu (made up of three talented ladies) teamed up with Uma Nota to create a pastel masterpiece of a woman laughing with color flower headpiece.
Where: 38 Peel Street, Soho, Hong Kong
3. Tsang Tso Choi (King of Kowloon) – Cool graffiti on the walls in Kowloon.
Where: Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry Pier/Kwun Tong Road, Hong Kong (close to Ping Shek Estate)
4. Yarn Bombs in Sheung Wan – We love these cool yarn projects on the stairs!
Where: Pound Ln rails, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
5. Invader – This unidentified free artist places his Space Invaders all over global cities…Hong Kong included. Kids will love trying to spot these digital creatures.
Where: All over Hong Kong. More info here: space-invaders.com/world/hong-kong
6. Elgin Street – Check out the unique representation of a rainy Hong Kong evening, the charity Feeding Hong Kong influenced it, and it also features the phrase ‘don’t let it go to waste’ in Chinese.
Where: 48 Elgin St, Central, Hong Kong
7. Public Square Street – These three long flights of stairs in busy Mong Kok are stunning! Take a snap on any of these brightly painted with six sets of flowers in various colors!
Where: 80 Public Square St, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
8. Hong Kong Street Art – They offer a collection of where to find cool street art and find out about the ones your snapping.
Where: All over Hong Kong. More info here: hkstreetart.com
9. Art Hong Kong – Ten Hong Kong artists, including Frog King and Lam Tung-Pang, have decorated the area around the development of the H Queen’s building in the city center.
Where: Queen’s Road Central (a 12m x 5m area), Pottinger Street (36m x 3m), and Stanley Street (22m x 3m), More info here: www.arthongkong.net
10. Hollywood Road GOD Store – This list can’t be complete without giving a shoutout to HK’s most recognizable and photographed example of street art.
Where: 45-53 Graham St, Soho, Hong Kong
What: Where to go with kids to find street art in Hong Kong. It’s free!
Where: All over Hong Kong! Share with us your cool snaps at #mylittlesteps
1 Winner, 6 Prizes – We Are Celebrating The Re-Launch Of The Bump Club Hong Kong!