While your ski trip might be booked, your body might not be – time to get fit for the ski season! Little Steps has rounded up our favorite pre-ski season workouts and exercises. Go, go, go!
TOP MUSCLES TO WORK:
Snow skiing is a full body workout! For those looking to get involved in some DIY workouts – the muscles to focus on are quadriceps (the biggie!), hamstrings, glutes, inner and outer thighs, calves, abs, and back.
There are some excellent online programs to get you moving and grooving and ski ready! A few of our faves…
1. Fitness Blender: This program is free and available on Youtube. The Ski & Snowboarding Workout Program helps you increase strength, cardiovascular endurance, and flexibility. Do it 2-4 times per week and you will be ready for injury-free skiing.
2. 90-Minute Yoga For Skiers + Snowboarders: This free yoga lesson will have you stretched for the snow.
1. Snow Fitness: No Equipment, all levels welcome, and diversity in exercises – this program can be taken anywhere, anytime.
2. Kenzai Ski: This popular program showing results for so many moms and dads around Asia offers a ski program! Sign up and get going.
1. SkiFit: Launched by a Chamonix-based physiotherapist and clinical expert, the app offers a series of exercises specific to snowsports that can be done at home or in the gym. Increase performance and endurance – with a tap, tap, tap.
2. Instructor Live: A full range of exercise classes led by top instructors. They offer a Ski Live program that people love.