Kick off the shoes, pick up a book, slap on the sunscreen, lie back and take in one of the best ocean views in Bali. Perched high above the Indian Ocean, in 1 acre of manicured lawns, The Istana, which fittingly means Palace in Indonesian, offers understated grandeur with emphasis on service.
• There are 25 staff at your beck and call. Chefs, butlers, drivers, cocktail shakers, masseurses, and nannies. The staff are all delightful with kids.
• A dedicated kid’s wing with plenty of toys & games to entertain all ages and even a dressing up box for the nippers.
• The culinary world is your oyster: Indonesian banquets, clifftop BBQ, a dedicated kid’s menu and a 24-hour house menu. They even have their very own Japanese trained chef who can prepare a Japanese feast fit for an Emperor.
• No need to lug the baby goods! They provide sterilizers, cots, highchairs & strollers. Anything they don’t have, they can rent or find for you, including pool fences.
• Activities galore for the kiddos.
• 1 car is included in the rental as well as a beach car – a convertible Volkswagon!
There are 5 double rooms plus a kid’s room with 4 bunk beds and a separate staff room with two twin beds. Sleeps 10 adults, 4 kids, babies and 2 staff. The main suite is huge and located in its' own building with the additional benefit of its' own pool. Two of the guest suites face the ocean and the final two have garden views.
A restaurant quality kitchen will serve up literally anything you could wish for, whenever you like. There is an indoor dining room, which seats 12, with optional sliding back glass doors opening onto the garden. Alternatively try the Horigotatsu style table in the outside cliff-top bale for incredible views over the Indian Ocean.
The villa also comes with an indoor cinema, a 32m swimming pool, and a dedicated games room, with Wii, full size pool table, ping pong and lots more. Staff can also organise treasure hunts, arts & crafts, and cooking classes. For the older ones, staff can arrange a PADI diving course on site. Venture outside for surfing at your doorstep or visit the spectacular temple at Uluwatu and watch the kecak dance at sunset.
Jl Labuan Sait, Uluwatu, Bali
0361 769 868
Little Steps Asia knows what families need.
Sign up for our email newsletters to get the most out of Asia!