It’s back! With a variety of events including discussion, literary lunches and dinners, workshops, lectures, debates, book signings, and reading the Hong Kong Literary Festival will have an abundance to offer. Hong Kong’s premier literary event will return from November 5-15, 2021, with the main festival weekend taking place over four days from November 11-14, 2021 at venues including Asia Society, The Fringe Club, and Tai Kwun.
There will be an abundance of genres and event types. Here are some of the highlights:
- This year – the focus will be on resilience, recovery and mental health, with an emphasis on new fiction and the joy of reading.
- Headline Speakers include – Amor Towles (A Gentleman in Moscow), Paula Hawkins (Girl on a Train), Damon Galgut (A Slow Fire Burning) and Karen McManus (The Promise)
- Stand-out Hong Kong fiction from Kit Fan, Naoise Dolan, Pik-Shuen Fung, Hannah Bent, and Larry Feign, and readings by emerging writers Alice Chan, Virginia Ng and Angus Lee.
- Cartoonist Harry Harrison and comedian Vivek Mahbubani discussing their life’s work making people laugh
- A panel on the mental health impact of Hong Kong’s 21 day quarantine
- Hong Kong-based wine expert Jeannie Cho Lee – relax with a good Burgundy
- Hong Kong poet Mary Jean Chan, winner of the 2019 Costa Book Award for Poetry
More information to come! Watch this space!